Monday, August 20, 2012

Compensation

Dear Lord please be with us this day and may the Holy Spirit please be guiding and protecting us this day. Please help us find interest in productive chores that we have been leaving undone because of procrastination. Even if we don't finish help us at least begin and set small goals that we can reach and let us see progress is possible. Dear Lord please show us the paths that will lead us to a better understanding of living in Your Creation with generous humble love in our hearts and warm friendships being the main compensation that we strive for, rather than great material wealth or the envy of others. In Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen. 

Quotation:*
No man can tell whether he is rich or poor by turning to his ledger.  It is the heart that makes a man rich.  He is rich according to what he is, not according to what he has. -Beecher 

KJV*
Pr 10:22 The blessing of the LORD, it maketh rich, and he addeth no sorrow with it. 

Pr 30:8 Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches; feed me with food convenient for me:

Lu 12:16 And he spake a parable unto them, saying, The ground of a certain rich man brought forth plentifully: 
Lu 12:17 And he thought within himself, saying, What shall I do, because I have no room where to bestow my fruits? 
Lu 12:18 And he said, This will I do: I will pull down my barns, and build greater; and there will I bestow all my fruits and my goods. 
Lu 12:19 And I will say to my soul, Soul, thou hast much goods laid up for many years; take thine ease, eat, drink, and be merry. 
Lu 12:20 But God said unto him, Thou fool, this night thy soul shall be required of thee: then whose shall those things be, which thou hast provided? 
Lu 12:21 So is he that layeth up treasure for himself, and is not rich toward God. 

Lu 12:31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.

No comments: