Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Please Help Us Find Understanding

 

Dear Lord please be with us this day and please may Your Holy Spirit be guiding and protecting us in every thing that we say and do. Thank You for all of the great gifts and the blessings and the protection that You give us and please forgive our sins the same as we forgive the mistakes of others.

Dear Lord please help us find understanding and some limited wisdom as we mix and mingle with Your Children while seeking Your Kingdom among the temptations of this world even as we attempt to find the meaning of the various scripture verses that stand out above all as we read Your Word during our searches, in Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen.


KJV*

 Ps 23:1 <<A Psalm of David.>> The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

Ps 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

Heb. pastures of tender grass} {still...: Heb. waters of quietness} 

Ps 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Ps 5:8 Lead me, O LORD, in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face. {mine...: Heb. those which observe me}

Ps 25:4 Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.

Ps 25:5 Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.

Ps 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Isa 43:2 When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee.

Ps 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Ps 104:15 And wine that maketh glad the heart of man, and oil to make his face to shine, and bread which strengtheneth man's heart.

Ps 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever.

 {for ever: Heb. to length of days} 


Isa 40:11 He shall feed his flock like a shepherd: he shall gather the lambs with his arm, and carry them in his bosom, and shall gently lead those that are with young.

This psalm is often interpreted as a message of trust and faith in God's guidance and protection throughout one's life, even in times of difficulty and danger.





 

No comments: