Sunday, February 5, 2012

Pains

Dear Lord please be with us this day and please help us to have virtues that the Holy Spirit can use to guide us to freedom from the pains of our life. Whether they be physical or emotional pains caused by poor judgement and misguided values, help us cast these pains aside to no longer be felt as we surrender control of our lives to the Lord, in Jesus Christ' name we pray, amen.

Quotation:
If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. -Bradstreet

KJV
Ps 34:19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the LORD delivereth him out of them all.

Ps 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes.

Isa 48:10 Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction.

Joh 14:27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

No comments: