Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Understanding

Dear Lord please be with us this day and may we either learn something from or teach something to others and either way grow in our faith as we seek Your Kingdom. Help us to understand as much as we can with the help of the Holy Spirit and have the strength of virtue to show this knowledge to others. Please teach us gently to be patiently humble without taking our confidence nor desire to do more of Your Work. In Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen.

Quotation:
Understanding is the reward of faith. Therefore seek not to understand that thou mayest believe, but believe that thou mayest understand. -St. Augustine

KJV
Ps 119:104 Through thy precepts I get understanding: therefore I hate every false way.
Ps 119:105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Pr 8:14 Counsel is mine, and sound wisdom: I am understanding; I have strength.

2Co 9:8 And God is able to make all grace abound toward you; that ye, always having all sufficiency in all things, may abound to every good work:

No comments: