Sunday, June 25, 2017

Away From Selfish Attitudes


Dear Lord please be with us this day and please may Your Holy Spirit be guiding and protecting us in every thing that we say and do. Thank You for all of the great gifts and blessings and protection that You give us and please forgive our sins the same as we forgive the mistakes of others.
Dear Lord please lead us into paths away from selfish attitudes and laziness that do not remember worse times of want and hopeless embarrassment of needs unfulfilled.
Dear Lord please lead us into paths of honorable unity and service to the needs of others without any selfish considerations that are found to be with unnecessary causes to be concerned for the comfort of rest and peace for ourselves that are there in reach anyway, in Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen.

Quotation:*
No one is happy or free who lives only for himself.  Joy in living comes from immersion in something one recognizes to be bigger, better, worthier, more enduring than he himself is.  "True happiness and true freedom come from squandering one's self for a purpose." -McGeehon

KJV*
Lu 6:47 Whosoever cometh to me, and heareth my sayings, and doeth them, I will shew you to whom he is like:
Lu 6:48 He is like a man which built an house, and digged deep, and laid the foundation on a rock: and when the flood arose, the stream beat vehemently upon that house, and could not shake it: for it was founded upon a rock.

Mr 9:35 And he sat down, and called the twelve, and saith unto them, If any man desire to be first, the same shall be last of all, and servant of all.
Mr 9:36 And he took a child, and set him in the midst of them: and when he had taken him in his arms, he said unto them,
Mr 9:37 Whosoever shall receive one of such children in my name, receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

1Co 9:19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more.
1Co 9:20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
1Co 9:21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
1Co 9:22 To the weak became I as weak, that I might gain the weak: I am made all things to all men, that I might by all means save some.
1Co 9:23 And this I do for the gospel's sake, that I might be partaker thereof with you.


No comments: