Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Which Yoke

Dear Lord please be with us this day and may Your Holy Spirit please be guiding and protecting us in every thing that we say and do. Thank You for all of the great gifts and blessings and protection that You have given us and please forgive our sins the same as we forgive the mistakes of others.
Dear Lord please lead us into paths of accepting that the yoke that we must carry to exist in Your Creation and mingle with Your Children as we all struggle with the worldly values of hate and greed and coveting and lust for our own glory is a cruel yoke, when the Yoke that Jesus offers is always available along with His Wonderful Peace of Mind, in Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen.

KJV*
Mt 4:8 Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them;
Mt 4:9 And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me.
Mt 4:10 Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Mt 11:27 All things are delivered unto me of my Father: and no man knoweth the Son, but the Father; neither knoweth any man the Father, save the Son, and he to whomsoever the Son will reveal him.
Mt 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. 
Mt 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
Mt 11:30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light. 

Matthew 11:30 ( as copied from the commentary of Philip Doddridge )*

 For such is the genius of my gospel, that though it will indeed bring you under some restraints, they are not only tolerable, but, on the whole, desirable: and I may truly say, that my yoke is easy and gentle; or, if there be a mixture of difficulty attending it, such assistances and encouragements are provided, that with them my burden is light and pleasant to those who by divine grace are engaged to submit to 
1Jo 5:1 Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.
1Jo 5:2 By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jo 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. 
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

No comments: