Thursday, January 2, 2014

Paths of Safety

Dear Lord please be with us this day and may Your Holy Spirit please be guiding and protecting us in every thing that we say and do. Thank You for all of the great gifts and blessings and protection that You have given us and please forgive our sins the same as we forgive the mistakes of others.
Dear Lord please lead us on safe paths this day and please show us places to help others find safety and peace within Your Control and Spiritual guidance when our confidence wavers and it seems that we are in more trouble than we are prepared for and we need to be reminded that "we can do all things through Jesus Christ who strengthens us." Please strengthen us and lead us into paths of confident peace with no doubt nor worry hounding us as we take care of what ever problems spring up in the paths that we are on, in Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen.

KJV*
Ps 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.
Ps 23:2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.
Ps 23:3 He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Ps 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. 
Ps 23:5 Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.
Ps 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever 

Php 4:12  I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

Philippians 4:12  Philip Doddridge N T commentary*

  For I bless God, I have no need of betaking myself to such low expedients, as I have learned in whatever circumstances I am, to be contended. I know both [how] to be abased, when it pleases God to humble me, and I know [how] to abound, when his providence appears for my supply. In every [place] and in all [conditions] I am instructed, and find myself, as it were, initiated into this great mystery so needful to the Christian, and especially the apostolic life, both to be fed plentifully without transgressing the rules of temperance, and to suffer hunger without murmuring or discontent. I know how both to abound, without too fond an attachment to the world, when my circumstances in it are most easy, and to fall short of the agreeable accommodations of life, yea, and to be in necessity, without being greatly disturbed at such a change, or feeling any painful anxiety on account of it. In one word, whatever is to be done, whatever is to be borne, I am sufficient for all things; have vigor enough for the one, have patience and fortitude enough for the other: 

Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Philippians 4:13

but then I would not be understood to arrogate any thing of this to myself, but would most humbly and affectionately acknowledge that it is all  through Christ who enables me, and furnishes my spirit of which it is naturally destitute.

No comments: