Friday, May 2, 2014

Overcoming Adversity


Dear Lord please be with us this day and may Your Holy Spirit please be guiding and protecting us in every thing that we say and do. Thank You for all of the great gifts and blessings and protection that You have given us and please forgive our sins the same as we forgive the mistakes of others.
Dear Lord please walk with us on this day and please help us overcome any adversity that may come along as we recall using the strength of Your Word in the past and please help us reflect the Light of Your Spirit and Love to others, in Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen. 

Quotation:*
He knows not his own strength that hath not met adversity.  Heaven prepares good men with crosses. -Johnson 

KJV*
Ps 119:71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted; that I might learn thy statutes. 

Isa 48:9 For my name's sake will I defer mine anger, and for my praise will I refrain for thee, that I cut thee not off. 
Isa 48:10 Behold, I have refined thee, but not with silver; I have chosen thee in the furnace of affliction. 

Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world. 

Jas 1:2 My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; 
Jas 1:3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. 
Jas 1:4 But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.
Jas 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

No comments: