Sunday, January 22, 2012

Strength

Dear Lord please be with us this day and please help us feel the Holy Spirit's Strength envelop us when we feel weak or fearful as we face the burdens that we must move on this day. Please help us realize the power that is possible when we have the faith generated by the Holy Spirit to do all things through Jesus Christ, Who strengthens us, in Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen.

Quotation:
The word "Comforter" as applied to the Holy Spirit needs to be translated by some vigorous term. Literally, it means "with strength." Jesus promised His followers that "The Strengthener" would be with them forever. This promise is no lullaby for the fainthearted. It is a blood transfusion for courageous living. --E. Paul Hovey

KJV
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

No comments: