Friday, January 27, 2012

Ears and Eyes

Dear Lord please be with us this day and may the Holy Spirit be with us every step that we take down the paths of this day. Help us have the right attitude, patience, understanding, wisdom, and compassion, so that we may hear with our ears, and see with our eyes the things to be learned as we seek Your Kingdom, in Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen.

Quotation:
Man was created with two eyes, so that with one he may see God's greatness, and with the other his own lowliness. -Samuel Y. Agnon

KJV
Isa 33:15 He that walketh righteously, and speaketh uprightly; he that despiseth the gain of oppressions, that shaketh his hands from holding of bribes, that stoppeth his ears from hearing of blood, and shutteth his eyes from seeing evil;

Ps 119:36 Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.
Ps 119:37 Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way.

Mt 13:13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
Mt 13:14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:

Isa 6:8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.
Isa 6:9 ¶ And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

No comments: