Saturday, March 3, 2018

Finding Strength


Dear Lord please be with us this day and please may Your Holy Spirit be guiding and protecting us in every thing that we say and do. Thank You for all of the great gifts and blessings and protection that You give us and please forgive our sins the same as we forgive the mistakes of others.
Please take control of our tongues and thinking as we mix and deal with Your Children during these days when we feel weakened as though we need to separate ourselves from those who we should be wanting to be with and who we need to help and to be helped by.
Dear Lord please bring us into places of strength and into Your Presence and into Your Strength,as we seek Your Kingdom, in Jesus Christ's name we pray, amen.

Quotations:*
There can be no doubt in any man's mind nor in any man's heart that God is our sustenance and our strength. Each of us must believe wholeheartedly and fiercely in the power and the glory and the strength of God.  Thus, it would be more proper to say that each man must seek the companionship of God.  God awaits each one of us. --Harold K. Johnson

The word "Comforter" as applied to the Holy Spirit needs to be translated by some vigorous term.  Literally, it means "with strength."  Jesus promised His followers that "The Strengthener" would be with them forever.  This promise is no lullaby for the fainthearted.  It is a blood transfusion for courageous living. --E. Paul Hovey

KJV*
Php 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

Joh 15:5 I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.

2Co 12:9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
2Co 12:10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

Php 4:4 Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
Php 4:5 Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
Php 4:6 Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Php 4:7 And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Php 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

No comments: